Saturday, October 26, 2013

This is really good stuff!

The Preaching Notes Series Introduction

PNS-44-2.jpg

Several months ago my friend Justin Buzzard sent me a copy of some preaching notes by Tim Keller. When I shared it with my friend Justin Taylor, he suggested I do a series of posts here on the blog where I shared not only Tim's notes but also the notes of other preachers. I thought this was a good idea. I'm often asked by other pastors what my notes look like, and I'm always curious to see how other men work.

So over the next few weeks we're going to do a series of posts that feature a brief introduction to a preacher and then a link to a PDF of the notes from one of his sermons. The PDF document will show exactly what that pastor carried into the pulpit when he preached his message. I think you'll enjoy the diversity of styles. Some men do full manuscripts; others write out much less. Most type, one writes his sermons by hand. The goal is to show pastors the different ways that preachers work and hopefully encourage them in the preaching task.

The men we've obtained manuscripts from so far include:
- Mark Dever 
- Mike Bullmore
- C.J. Mahaney
- Ray Ortlund, Jr.
- Tim Keller
- Mark Driscoll
- Joshua Harris (me)
If you are, or work with any well-known preachers, and can convince them to participate in the series by sharing an actual manuscript, please let me know. I'd love to expand this list.


So if you're a preacher, an aspiring preacher or you're someone who enjoys good preaching, I hope you'll enjoy this series.

Recommended Resource: If you're looking for a good book on preaching, my favorite is John Stott's classic Between Two Worlds: The Challenge of Preaching Today

Source: joshharris.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home