Monday, June 11, 2012

From SermonCentral.com


Francis Chan's Seven Questions to Ask Before You Preach


6/9/2012

In a message at a Desiring God National Conference, Francis Chan highlighted seven questions that he asks himself in preparing to preach.
In his message at the Desiring God National ConferenceFrancis Chan highlighted the importance of loving the people to whom he preaches. He mentioned seven questions that he asks himself in preparing to preach. 
1. Am I worried about what people think of my message or what God thinks? (Teach with fear)

2. Do I genuinely love these people? (Teach with love)

3. Am I accurately presenting this passage? (Teach with accuracy)

4. Am I depending on the Holy Spirit's power or my own cleverness? (Teach with power)

5. Have I applied this message to my own life? (Teach with integrity)

6. Will this message draw attention to me or to God? (Teach with humility)

7. Do the people really need this message? (Teach with urgency)
This post was originally featured on DesiringGod.com

Francis Chan
Francis Chan is an author and church leader, formerly the pastor of Cornerstone Church in Simi Valley, California. Chan has authored several books, including Crazy Love and Forgotten God. He is also the founder of Eternity Bible College and sits on the board of directors of Children's Hunger Fund and World Impact. Francis lives in California with his wife, Lisa, and their four children.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home